Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Self-Assessmant

1. What is the easiest part of writing for you?


The easiest part for me is using description.





The most difficult?


The most difficult part for me is organizing and coming up with new ideas.





2. As you look over your writing, select one particular essay with which you are satisfied. Below, discuss the specific effective traits of your piece. In other words, what did you do well? What does this particular essay have that others don't. Support answers with excerpts from you essay.


I really like my WWII timed essay. I think my ideas were really good especially when I explained how time is used as a metaphor in the third paragraph. I also think my organization was really good.



3. Over the past year, in what ways have you grown or changed as a writer? What sorts of things do you now do more effectively? What specific skills have you learned? Do you have the "Hang" of the five-paragraph essay? Will you be prepared for the O.G.T.?



I am now much more descriptive than I was before. I also have better sentence structure. My organization for the five-paragraph essay has improved.



4. Set a goal for next year. What do you still need to work on? What areas of writing would you like to strengthen?



I still need to work on my spelling. I also have trouble coming up with new ideas and adding concrete details.

No comments: